Help!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by alexguy96, Oct 7, 2010.

1. alexguy96

alexguy96 Well-Known Member

I took a REALLY long time to apply my BSE skins, and after squeegying and making it stick, theres some itty bitty water spots underneath, does it evaporate soon?
  2. SwiftSkii

SwiftSkii Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    Suppost to.

BTW to your sig:

SUNDAY IS FUNDAY!!!!
  3. micro_hard

micro_hard Active Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    Yeah dude it will go away after about a day or so

I just installed my BSE for the back 2 days ago, wrapped it with Saran wrap around the corners to hold them down. It's perfect.
  4. alexguy96

Thanks for the help, it seems to have gone away, with some tiny specks left, but is it supposed to feel a bit oily? I think I may have put too much solution on...
  5. iTouchEC

iTouchEC Banned

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Haha, I did the same saran wrap thing. I was worried about the corners and had to go to work, so I wasn't able to keep holding them down, so saran wrap was the only thing I could think of. The corners are PERFECT.

Unfortunately there is a bubble that didn't go away on mine. Good thing it's very small, so it's not noticeable unless you look at it at an angle. But I have a replacement waiting to go on when this one get's worn out. I'll always have a skin on my Touch.

And to answer your question, most micro bubbles will dissipate in a few days. It may not be perfect, but most likely it will look good if you did a good job. Enjoy your scratch free ipod!

EDIT: Holy crap, I was curious, so I took my case off my touch and looked at the skin. The bubble that was there is completely gone, and it looks perfect. Didn't think the bubble was going to go away because a few days after it was still there. Buttt, there is a pesky piece of lint that got stuck underneath the skin, that is soo tiny but still bothers me.

Please Register or Log in to view images

So for your information, after about a week, it'll probably look perfect, so give it time.
  6. alexguy96

Thanks, but is it normal for the skin to have an oilyish feeling? I'm kinda thinking of taking it off because when I tried squeegying it, it was scratched a lot
  7. iTouchEC

iTouchEC Banned

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    What did you squeegee it with? A credit card? I had a rubber squeegee that I used, no scratches. And I dunno about the oil feeling, I think your just not used to the clear skin...it obviously has a different texture than the chrome, so it feels weird. It may feel oily to you, but it's just the way the skin feels. Or maybe I'm wrong? Anyways, I have a microfiber cloth (invest in one), that I use to wipe my touch clean every once in a while. It does a great job of picking up oil, smudges, fingerprints, dirt, etc. Let us know how it feels after a few days.
  8. alexguy96

The front feels fine, the back just seems weird...

Thanks for the advice though

EDIT: Took the back off, I like this much better, may get a TPU case or something
  9. micro_hard

micro_hard Active Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    Good job!
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    True

I used a credit card in my installation of GadgetShieldz for the front, it left scratches... I was quite surprised to be honest! So now I learn not to use a credit card in my future installations, but because I don't have those Rubber Squeegee I just use my fingers and a microfibre cloth to reduce as much solution that got leftover, seems to work fine