Help?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by 432521, Jul 17, 2010.

1. 432521

432521 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Sorry if this is in the wrong part of the forum or if this has been asked to many times. I have used the search function, but I could not find the answer that I need.So my question is, I just got a new ipod touch 8gb, I bought it between July 5-9th can't really remember the date. I got it with my new macbook pro, still have not opened it yet. So is it a second gen or third gen? Is there even a 3rd gen 8gb ipod touch? On the box it says model number MC086LL/A, I am assuming that it is on 4.0. I was wondering is there a way to do a jailbrake on it? Non tethered?
  2. J-Phone

J-Phone Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    If it's MC then you can't jailbreak it yet.
  3. Ethiopian

Ethiopian New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
  4. 432521

432521 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    there really isn't even a 3rd generation 8gb ipod touch right? Also if I wait it out, which I can because I have a 1st generation ipod touch, there will be a easy jailbreak for my MC model right? Something like blackra1n or whatever it was called where all I had to do was push one button and it would work all by itself? Something that would work directly from 4.0 or 4.0.1 so that I don't have to go through all the trouble of downgrading and stuff?
  5. euphoria9274

euphoria9274 New Member

i recently got an ipod touch from my husband, it already had songs and pics on there that i wnted to keep. somehow i've done somethig=ng to it and can't retreive any of it. what is even more shocking is that i can't go to the settings menu anymore, it just keeps going back to the main menu... what have i done and how can i fix it
  6. Lux2GS

Lux2GS Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    1G iPod Touch are not able to run < iOS4

Restore it via iTunes. It should make an backup so you don't loose any data.
  7. 432521

432521 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    If I wait then there will be a jailbrake release for my MC model that is as easy at a one click right? I really don't feel like downgrading and everything.

Also, I know that my first gen can't run 4.0 and I am fine with that. What I ment was I have my first gen to listen to music and stuff so I can hold off even opening my 3rd gen.