Help :(

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by lolerskates, May 11, 2010.

1. lolerskates

lolerskates New Member

I was using WinSCP and I accidentally changed the Application folder's name under

private/var/stash

to application.pwn and now all my apps except Facebook are gone.
    I looked at the WinSCP and I know that I still have all the apps, but they're not appearing on my screen.

I know that the original name of the Application folder was something like

Application.6W93C or something like that

If someone would be able to access WinSCP and check how the name's supposed to go and tell me, I would greatly appreciate it. I really, really don't want to have to restore the ipod

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. magic8ball88

magic8ball88 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    The application folder name is different on every device. Perhaps try installing a new app and it will recreate that folder then you could change the folder name to the new one.

Why did you change the name of the folder? Usually random letters and numbers mean something and shouldn't be tinkered with. Don't touch unless you know what you're doing.
  3. lolerskates

lolerskates New Member

I was trying to install an app through WinSCP through a YouTube tutorial. It didn't work for me... and then I realized that this one guy's folder was Applications.pwn while mine was something like
    Applications.6WWWGc

So I changed it....
    now it's like :~(

All the apps I got from the apple store are in the right places, but all the basic icons like, Music, Video and all the Cydia apps (including Cydia and Blackrain) are not appearing on the ipod screen. Funny thing is that I'm still suing those spaces (according to itunes) which means that I didn't delete the apps, but the folder settings are just preventing them from being visible on the screen,,,