Help!

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by 1978 RD400, Nov 16, 2009.

1. 1978 RD400

1978 RD400 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I'm trying to jailbreak my iPod touch, and i've even tried both pwnage tool and black ra1n, but for some reason, neither of them will work. For black rain, I get the button, and I click it, then that guy's face shows up, but my iPod doesn't reboot. The screen just says that I have to connect the iPod to iTunes. Then, I tried to use pwnage tool. I got the custom reboot package, but when I tried to reboot it, iTunes drops the connection with my iPod, and I end up having to restore the iPod back to the original firmware... By the way, I looked up how to stop the connection drop in the forum, but I didn't get how to do it. Can anyone explain how tojailbreak my iPod? I keep trying to figure out which generation I have... I think it's a second generation because it's 8 gigs and has the oval speaker at the back...
  2. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Try blackra1n again.
    When it shows the 'Connect to iTunes' screen, close blackra1n, run blackra1n, and 'make it ra1n' again.
  3. 1978 RD400

1978 RD400 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thank you!

Please Register or Log in to view images

For some reason though, icy didn't show up as a downloadable option... do you know how can get it?
  4. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

I believe RipDev has shut down, so Icy and Installer have been discontinued.
  5. 1978 RD400

1978 RD400 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    also, what's winterboard?
  6. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Winterboard is an app used to theme your ipod. It'll allow you to use custom themes, icons, lock sliders, etc.