Help!!!

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by mttduley, Oct 26, 2009.

1. mttduley

mttduley New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    i have a3rd gen. ipod touch with 3.1.2 firmware. I jailbroke it with blackra1n and ssh into it with winscp, installed cydia. The main reason I did all of this so i could installed the iron man Jarvis theme by Jaymzleon. since I have cydia, I don't have installer.app, so i don't have summerboard. the instructions given with the theme say to copy parts of the file to summerboard. all i want to do is get this theme. I'm new to ssh'ing. i've read all of the forums about and i'm still lost. what to i have to copy, where do i put everything. help is GREATLY appreciated
  2. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    How old are the instructions you have?

Summerboard has long been replaced by Winterboard. Installer was pulled offline last July.
  3. cjschriver3

cjschriver3 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    get winterboard from cydia then drop your theme into var/stash/Themes.XXXXXX
  4. mttduley

mttduley New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    i tired to drag and drop. there are different files inside the main folder.
    apps, summerboard,customize. i have no real clue what i'm doing. it shows up in winterboard, but when you check it, and restart, nothing happens.
  5. cjschriver3

cjschriver3 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    you'll prolly need to download a theme from cydia and poke around in that folder from above to get familiar with the folder/file structure

then take the images from your theme and rename them and folder them accordingly
  6. mttduley

mttduley New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    i will do what i can. thanks for the help but im' still confused as to how
  7. cjschriver3

cjschriver3 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    zip up your summerboard theme and post it here

i will make it winterboard compatible for ya
  8. mttduley

mttduley New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    the summerboard theme is available through another thread. [RELEASE] Iron Man theme by jaymzleon. it is downloadable from the thread and provides it's own directions. i have no where near enough experience to what they are telling me to do. if anyone could tell me EXACTLY where i could find it that would be AWESOME. thank you
  9. JK-47

JK-47 Guest

Trouble Installing.. ?

I'm having the same problem as mttduley.

Before I start, absolutely wicked theme. Blew my mind. Cool stuff.

I just got my iPhone 16gb and it has all the latest software, is jailbroken, it has OpenSSH, and I have a few themes with WinterBoard already.

I've got a little experience with themes, having to change names of icons to suit apps on iPhone, downloading sounds for themes including them in themes myself is pretty easy.

I noticed NBurnes said that SummerBoard is long gone. Is there a version of this theme that is compatible with Winterboard? Where you can just have the ONE FOLDER to drag into private/var/stash/themes ??

I'm on Mac and use Cyberduck to transfer stuff if that helps.

ANY help would be greatly appreciated.

JK-47
  10. JK-47

JK-47 Guest

Trouble Installing.. ?

Also, what's the deal with the Thumbs.db in every folder? Do you need every single one of those to make the Theme work?

Do I need to edit them using a certain program or can you combine them into one file?

Sorry for the hassle guys.

JK-47