Help!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by iP00d, Sep 15, 2009.

1. iP00d

iP00d New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    • Illegal/piracy-related discussions
    Today I woke up, turned on my computer and my ipod touch 1g, and was delighted to find that my ipod had unjailbroken itself. Cydia, <removed> Boss Prefs, Terminal, Winterboard they disappeared. So I downloaded Redsn0w and the correct IPSW and it said "Unable to indentify IPSW".

Anyone have any solutions?
  2. NinetyFour

NinetyFour Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Make sure you're selecting the same firmware you're running. When you iPod "un-jailbroke" itself, it might have restored to a previous firmware.
  3. iP00d

iP00d New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Thanks for the hint, I took your advice and went to the About page and it says "3.1.1". I know for certain that I didnt buy 3.1.1 and I live with my technologically illiterate grandparents so I'm not sure how that happened. I will definitely have to check my next email from apple to see if they charged me for it.

Thanks for your help
  4. Kallen

Kallen Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Well, your info says you have the 3.0 firmware, so the 3.1.1 update shouldn't be charged to you (only charged if you had 2x). If your iPod was connected to iTunes, it sounds like it auto-updated. I havn't seen an option for auto updates, but I am using iTunes 8. Are you using 9? There may be an option for this in 9.