help

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by seanstr, Aug 23, 2009.

1. seanstr

seanstr New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    hello i have a itouch official 3.0 firmware and its not jailbroken. i want to downgrade it to 2.2.1 and i was wondering if u have to downgrade the itunes because i have 8.2

Thanks
  2. DarkWrath

DarkWrath Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Just go into DFU and Shift+Click to 2.2.1. It should work. If not there are tutorials in the Firmware 3.0 section of the forum.
  3. Yutaka

Yutaka New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    1. Plug your iPod to your computer.

2. You have to do DFU mode first which is holding the home and power button for 10 seconds then, still holding the home button, release the power button and keep on holding the home button for 10 more seconds.

Hope this helps!

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. iBoss™

iBoss™ Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Why on earth would you want to do that?

3.0, although somewhat buggy, is so much better than 2.2.1.

And all of the apps on the appstore within the next couple months are all gonna be only available on 3.0 firmware, so... ya know... dont downgrade.

However, if you must (strongly not reccomended), the above solutions should work.

Your legally purchased 2.2.1 firmware can be found in Application Data/Apple Computer.

If you bought the iPod on 2.2.1 firmware, you can contact Apple and have them e-mail you a copy of 2.2.1 firmware. DO NOT download it from the internet. This is illegal, and will probably slow down your iPod or make it experience problems.