help!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by will6392, Jul 27, 2009.

1. will6392

will6392 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    My 1g iPod Touch is having some problems... It has 2.2.1 and is not jail broken...

Problems

Please Register or Log in to view images

1. It isn't recognized by Windows or iTunes
    -yes I have reinstalled iTunes and I have tried using both a Vista and XP computer. It was fine until the other day

2. Yesterday I put it into recovery mode to fix the above mentioned problem and when I attempted to restore I received a nice Window saying 'Error 1611' or 'Error 13' on XP
    -I have used many USB cords (all of which worked) I have restarted the Apple Device Manager, and every other tip I have found on the internet

3. Thanks to QuickPWN I managed to get my iPod back into working shape, but it still had problem #1 and now the battery will only charge to about 20%
    -I have tried multiple USB cables to no avail, and I took it to the Apple Reseller near me and he wouldnt help me.

So I have several problems, and to compound that my warranty expired (5 days ago). Any help would be greatly appreciated because I simply do not have the money to go buy a new one right now!

Thanks!
  2. jmcohen23

jmcohen23 Member

the apple retail store near you would not help you b/c you are 5 days past warranty? usually, the company would allow a small grace period after the expiration. did you try calling apple?
  3. Hellishness

Hellishness Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    take it to an apple store i think they try to fix em even if it s past warranty.
  4. will6392

will6392 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Now I'm having another problem, Its in recovery mode and it isnt recognized by Windows or iTunes. I tried putting it in DFU mode, but the screen turned white. A bubble pops up saying its an iPod in DFU mode, then it close and several more bubbles will pop up saying different things. Finally a window popped up in iTunes saying
    "An iPod has been detected. But it could not be identified properly. Please disconnect and reconnect the iPod, then try again. An unknown error has occurred. (1602)"

So I'm going to take it to an actual Apple Store this weekend.