Help

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by soulstalker, Jul 15, 2009.

1. soulstalker

soulstalker New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ok so i have had many problems with this new 3.0 software it has completley messed up my ipod(first gen bought it 2 years ago) it wont work if i dont restore it like every 30 minutes(im serious)i have probaly restored it like 12 times in the last 4-5 days so i need some help should i talk to apple and say that it has messed up my ipod or sell it (battery,screen,buttons all good).the problem with talkin to apple is they might say send it in to fix it but im guessing it would be cheaper or close to it to just buy a used one from them.the warrenty is gone since ive had it for so long. so i just need some advice.Thank you

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

Just take it into an Apple Store. You don't have to give it to them to service it if it costs money.
  3. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Yes, and be advised: make an appointment - depending on how crowded the store gets, you may have to wait a while or go home without accomplishing anything if you just walk in.
  4. soulstalker

soulstalker New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    thats also a problem my nearest apple store is like an hour away so i dont wanna do it that way
  5. reaper00004

reaper00004 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    But there are geniuses at the Genius Bar
  6. P0150N0U5 F15)-(

P0150N0U5 F15)-( Banned

I'm guessing you don't do much tech? Maybe look at it with a techie friend?
  7. soulstalker

soulstalker New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i have delt with ipods long enough to know how to use it and everything that ive tried was from stuff that people have told me on here or stuff i knew and i can definatley say its broken,if u can restore it 12 times and it still dont work somthins definatley wrong
  8. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Call Apple (1-800 MY-APPLE), and if you tell them that it is too far to drive, they should send you a box in the mail with a shipping label with which you send back your iPod.

They won't help you unless you've made an appointment ahead of time. Though, if it's a slow day, they might have a spot for you.
  9. soulstalker

soulstalker New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    There is no warrenty on the iPod so i can't send it back and if I send it to em they probaly charge ya to look at it I'm guessing but I kinda find it bull crap that it breaks from using there software but I guees it is old but I doubt that matters