Help!!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0 Jailbreak' started by ejci, Jun 23, 2009.

1. ejci

ejci New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Help, iPod won't turn on after jailbreaking!

ok, i jailbroke my ipod, and with the help of installer installed five icon dock. right after the install i went to my home screen, wanted to go to the settings menu, it opened then closed. tried another app, same thing happened. then the i pressed the hold button and it stayed black. i reseted it, then tried to put it in DFU mode so i can restore but it didn't work.

somebody please help!!!
  2. beebop

beebop New Member

Did you know.. the number one thread title on this forum is "HELP!!!!!"
    you should really be more specific,.

Do you mean the restore didn't work or restoring didn't fix the problem?
  3. ejci

ejci New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i shall change the name right away.
    i couldn't get it to restoring. it just won't turn on, and it doesn't seem to want to get in to DFU mode...

EDIT: i turned on itunes, and it says it found the ipod in recovery mode, now where are the backup files kept? or should i use the same file tht i used when jailbreaking?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    nevermind, i got it. i used the same file to restore as i used for jailbreak, then it asked me if i want to restore from back up.
    the only question i have remaining, is it just me having a bad day, or should i really wait with jailbreaking until it is 100% confirmed working?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    nevermind, i got it. i used the same file to restore as i used for jailbreak, then it asked me if i want to restore from back up.
    the only question i have remaining, is it just me having a bad day, or should i really wait with jailbreaking until it is 100% confirmed working?