Help!

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself' started by Fizzwidgy, Apr 29, 2009.

1. Fizzwidgy

Fizzwidgy New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ok i know that somebody else has had this problem (maby) that the head phone jack on the ipod touch 1G is broken and the music is all squeeky and messed up,and i havent had it for even 6 months.

Please Register or Log in to view images

So if you have an awnser to my problem or know the cost of how much it is to fix it PLZZ tell me.

Please Register or Log in to view images

P.S sorry i have bad spelling
  2. Gamma

Gamma Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Then send it in to Apple. You have a 1 year warranty.
  3. Fizzwidgy

Fizzwidgy New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thx but i dont think its got a warrenty cuz i got it referbished and i dont know where apple is to send it in to.
  4. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    try a different set of headphones...
  5. iHacking Expert

iHacking Expert Banned

It is most likely to be your headphones. When you buy crappy ones, or ones that sometimes are made "not for iPod's," they can do that. Go to like Wal-Mart, and spend $9.99 and buy some real headphones. Let me know what happens.
  6. Fizzwidgy

Fizzwidgy New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    thats what i did i got a pair of gummy head phones for $10.00 brand new 1 day before the ipod broke and i did some tests by using the headphones on different ipods and trying different headphones on my ipod. its the jack.I even tested it with my friends ipod touch and the head phones workd fine.
  7. iHacking Expert

iHacking Expert Banned

Ok, well here are your options. This happened from either you plugging in stuff so much, or because you had it for so long, maybe some water or something got into it.

1. If you still have your warrenty, unjailbreak it, and send it to Apple/bring to a Apple store. They will hook you up.

2. Sell it on ebay, and with the money buy a new one.
  8. LeanPocketTouch

LeanPocketTouch Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    It's definitely under warranty. I have a refurbished 1G too and I'm sending it back because there is dust under my screen and I have a light leak.

Enter your serial number here to check your warranty status. Your serial can be found on the back of your iPod at the bottom, iTunes, and/or your settings menu under the about section.

https://selfsolve.apple.com/GetWarranty.do
  9. iHacking Expert

iHacking Expert Banned

Ok, sorry to get a tad off topic, but that is why you should never get a refurb.
  10. LeanPocketTouch

LeanPocketTouch Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    There is nothing wrong with certified refurbished products. Some people who buy their own stuff because they don't rely on their mommy and daddy to get them what they want don't have the money to get a brand new product becuase they have a crappy job at a crappy store and make minimum wage because they are only 16. You have to make do with what you can afford.