Help!

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by Mardave Mad, Dec 25, 2007.

1. Mardave Mad

Mardave Mad New Member

I have Jail Broken my Touch. I have got it down to 1.1.1 and Jail Broken it. Now I want to upgrade it to 1.1.2 like the instructions say but I cant! I am following these http://www.g3fusion.com/?p=15 instructions. When I go to update it I dont know what file I should be using. Help is needed please.
  2. Scythal

Scythal New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    It's hard to make it easier than this guide... just point to the file you downloaded before (firmware 1.1.2). Have you actually read the instructions given on this page?

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. whitegreyhat

whitegreyhat New Member

You use the tutorial which is stickied!! ANd if you need help, you have to tell us what and where its going wrong, not just it wont work! And my Touch updates in Itunes automatically to 1.1.2 I dont press SHIFT then update. But Itunes does have to download the update, which is quite large.

Step 4: Update to 1.1.2

1. Connect your device to your computer

2. Launch iTunes

3. Choose your device

4. Click Update
    - If update still shows 1.1.1 as being the newest version, you may download the 1.1.2 from an
    Apple download server and shift-click (PC) or option-click (Mac) on "Check for update" and
    select the update you downloaded.

- DO NOT CLICK OR SHIFT-CLICK RESTORE: That will wipe the changes OktoPrep made.

5. Wait forever for your device to update

So if the file doesnt work you have to search and DL a 1.1.2 and press SHIFT UPDATE then select your downloaded file.
  4. Mardave Mad

Mardave Mad New Member

Ok. I have now found the file for updating. Yes I have read the instructions 4 times before doing it! I have done it the update now just doing Step 7 part 6.
  5. whitegreyhat

whitegreyhat New Member

yeh some directions are old and tell you to manually do it but itunes should auto do it, you probably didnt see the downloading section above your device, since it takes like 20 min for it to finish and it doesnt tell you its doing much...good luck
  6. Mardave Mad

Mardave Mad New Member

I am now waiting for it to come up and say its done. Nothing yet should I be concerned by this?
  7. whitegreyhat

whitegreyhat New Member

you mean jailbreaker, did it go through all these weird numbers and command in DOS?
    mine stopped at REBOOTING device... then i noticed there was a popup box BEHIND the window saying it was finished...
  8. Mardave Mad

Mardave Mad New Member

When it stoped restarting I left it for about 20 mins with nothing happening, so I assumed it had done. Thanks for all your helps guys. I have finally got a Jail Broken iPod Touch! Now to put some music and videos on it.