Help: Wrong Username on App Updates

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mikegabriel, Dec 8, 2009.

1. mikegabriel

mikegabriel New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Not sure what to do here besides wipe my device which I hope I don't have to do, so here is what is going on...

Opened up App Store, says there are X many updates available (Doesn't matter, happens on any / all of them). If I go and hit Update / Update All it prompts with "email_b@address.com" asking for the password.

Well that isn't right so I hit Cancel and go over to the Categories tab and scroll to the bottom. Says I am signed in as "email_a@address.com". So just to be sure, log out so now it says "You are not signed in". Go back over to updates and try and update, same thing... Password for "email_b@address.com".

Anyone know of a way to clear the app store memory? I am on an iPhone 3GS with 3.1.2 and Blackra1n. I already went through iTunes > Applications and hit Get Info on all my apps and they all belong to "email_a@address.com".

Thanks,
    Mike
  2. macdude2

macdude2 Member

Did you ever try your password anyway? The only time that happens to me is when I share my apps with my family. Then it will ask me the password to the family's email. Did you do that recently? This may be the cause.
  3. mikegabriel

mikegabriel New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Yeah, I the 2nd account was my old USA Store account. I had to use it when I wanted to get apps only in the USA Store (I'm in Canada). I really only used it on Skype and that was quite a while ago since we now have it in the Canada store. I checked the file for Skype on my iTunes and its owner is Email A so it shouldn't be the issue.

I resolved it by restoring the device and then replacing with a backup. Didn't lose any info and it appears to be fixed now. Must have been a weird glitch.