Help would be much appriciated

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by mendoza604, Sep 29, 2008.

1. mendoza604

mendoza604 New Member

hey guys

i have had a problem with my friends ipod touch(16gb,if that matters) for a couple days now and I'm running out of ideas to fix it.. So here's the deal

he upgraded to version 2.0 with itunes 7.7, and he gave it to me to jailbreak.
    i attempted to jailbreak his ipod with my itunes 7.5 and with Ziphone.. i didn't realize the comments that said 16 gb wont work for this one..... so as soon as i read that, i unplugged it like an idiot..... It has been stuck on the recovery mode screen for a while, and itunes wont recognize it. The thing is, the recovery screen looks different than all the other ones i see. it has a different looking usb cable and it says itunes under the itunes symbol. i Have tried almost everything on the internet, but can't seem to get it to work.

so if anyone knows the solution to this, ill give an epic e-highfive

Please Register or Log in to view images

(oh and im using windows)
  2. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

*facepalm*

Upgrade to 2.x
  3. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Place the iPod touch into DFU Mode, following one of the 3 steps below:

1. Hold down Sleep/Wake button and Home button together, until the iPod touch powers off. Once the iPod touch turns on again, let go of the Sleep/Wake button about 1 or 2 seconds later, still holding the Home button. Once plugged in, iTunes will recognize the device is in Recovery Mode. You can now restore normally through iTunes.

2. Your iPod touch needs to be plugged in to your computer. Open up iLiberty+ and other the Other Tools tab select Enter DFU Mode. iTunes will now recognize the device is in Recovery Mode. You can now restore normally through iTunes.

3. Your iPod touch needs to be plugged into your computer. Open up ZiPhone and select Prepare for Upgrade. iTunes will now recognize the device is in Recovery Mode. You can now restore normally through iTunes.
  4. mendoza604

mendoza604 New Member

hey thanks for responding so quick....

i tried all the options you gave me, but none really worked...

iLiberty+ doesn't recognize my ipod, same with the ZiPhone

any other suggestions?>>?

Please Register or Log in to view images

ps. when i plug my ipod in, i hear the little sound that pops up, but it wont recognize my friends ipod... maybe its because his is itunes 7.7 and mine is 7.5???
  5. Aprosamurai

Aprosamurai Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    *Double Facepalm*

one for you and one for him

hes said the ipod's on 2.0

ziphone and iliberty cant jailbreak the 2.xx use quickpwn for 2.0
  6. RedrumsSam

RedrumsSam Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
  7. Cochoz

Cochoz Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    A quick way I learned to have the right timing to get on DFU mode is to count 1 to 8 holding both the sleep and home button as in

1 Mississippi 2 Mississippi 3 Mississippi etc etc after 8 let go of the sleep button and keep holding the Home button until iTunes recognizes it