Help would be greatly appreciated. (no white screen)

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by iamnayr, Apr 5, 2009.

1. iamnayr

iamnayr New Member

Just first want to thank everyone involved in any type of jailbreaking development for all the apple products, your work is truly fantastic.

First let me just start by saying that although I am fairly new to jailbreaking I have done it several times before on the ipod touch 2g successfully.

Okay so heres the issue. I have followed several tutorials line by line (ones that I used before and worked without issue), however with this paticular Ipod touch I am running into a problem.

Anytime I get to the "Now your ipod touch screen should turn white" step in the tutorials usually the "pre-jailbreak" step I NEVER get the white screen.

Let me rule out the obvious

1. I'm 100% sure I'm in dfu mode. As said before I have done these tutorials several other times successfully without any issue.

2. I have tried this on several computers (both macs and windows) so I highly doubt if its any type of pc compatibly issue. Also all computers tried have been used before successfully

3. I tried the "unplug for 10 seconds after running X command and plug back in and the screen will turn white" with no avail.

Please if anyone has an idea what could be the issue or any type of advice for me I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you and keep up the amazing work guys!
  2. Nathan B

Nathan B Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Do you have c++ installed?
  3. hacker2021

hacker2021 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Do you have libusb installed?
  4. unknown1337

unknown1337 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yeah you need both components.
  5. nikj14

nikj14 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Try a clean restore to 2.2.1, reinstall libUSB and the C++ package and then try. That should clear it up.