Help would be appreciated.

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by Drewclone666, Jun 30, 2009.

1. Drewclone666

Drewclone666 New Member

Okay, so it has been a LONG time since I've done all this theme stuff. I just re-jailbroke my iTouch (1st Gen on 2.2) today. Well, Alot is different. Installer is going to close and Cydia is confusing. I use Icy tough. I just uninstalled Cydia through SSH. But, what I would like to know is how to get themes to work and how to get all the stuff I need for it.

When I used to use it all, I had Summerboard, Themebuilder and quite a few various Themebuilding packages. But I can't find any of that. Basically what I'd like to know is how to start completly from scratch. I know theres winterboard. I have that, but it won't allow me to apply ANYTHING.

So basically I have Icy and Winterboard. I would like to know how to apply and make themes. Also a few Theme packages would be useful. Any help?
  2. cjschriver3

cjschriver3 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    download a theme from icy and it should show up in winterboard

then if you want to do your own you can use iFunBox on your desktop to gain file access thru usb

/var/stash/Themes.XXXXXX/ to check out the folder layout and the filenames and junk
  3. Drewclone666

Drewclone666 New Member

Well I tried that. The problem is now that when I turn on the theme in winterboard it won't apply. And I also wanted to know a way to create themes. like an app.
  4. cjschriver3

cjschriver3 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i dont know of an app to make themes, but there may be some out there.

most build their themes by hand, photoshop etc.

once you figure out ifunbox you can see how a theme is constructed by looking in the path i gave you above

Did you move your theme to the top of the list in winterboard?

grab it by the 3 lines on the right edge and slide it up
  5. Drewclone666

Drewclone666 New Member

Nope, no themes apllied. Is there a way to manually set a theme. Like someplace I can put what I want instead of using an app? and I checked out the dir. I've had iFunBox for a while
  6. Ralzaider

Ralzaider New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    What firmware are you running on? Icy is unreliable on 3.0, you should use Cydia to avoid potential problems.

Try downloading a theme online and SSHing it to "var\stash\Themes\".

No there is no "theme creator" that you're asking for. Just use WinterBoard, it's much simpler.

Also, you should try reinstalling WinterBoard using Cydia and rebooting your device.
  7. Drewclone666

Drewclone666 New Member

I solved it. I forgot you had to restart it. I would of said this a while ago but my internet connection died. I now have themes

Please Register or Log in to view images