Help with white Screen!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sayma3, Aug 13, 2009.

1. sayma3

sayma3 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    iPhone 3G Problem.

Hey guys.
    Ok, so I will give you as much information as I can about my problem. I have the iPhone 3g jailbroken using redsn0w and unlocked with ultrasn0w. I jailbroke my iPhone as soon as it was released for the iPhone by the Dev Team, and unlocked with ultrasn0w about 4/5 days ago.
    The phone didn't have many apps on it from the app store and only had things like dtunes, SBSettings and qik from Cydia. I put the phone on charge last night with no problem, and took it off this morning, and on unplugging it, I saw the keypad for entering a lock code, so at that point it was fine. About 2/3 hours later I tried to access the phone and alls I have is a white screen. Has anyone ever had this before? Or does anyone have any solutions?
    I have never dropped the phone, I have never got water on it. iTunes does not pick up the phone, but the phone makes the noise as if it's being charged. I have turned the phone off by holding home and power and on again using power, but still a white screen.
    The screen doesn't go into standby either, it goes bright white, and then when left it goes dim, but stays like that.
    Any guidance would be appreciated.
    I'm aware that I could probably put it in DFU mode and restore, but I'd like to avoid this to prevent losing everything, but if there is a way of backing up my phone without iTunes then I guess this is another option.
    Cheers Guys.

Obviously I can't SSH through WinSCP because I can't find out my IP address, and also connecting by USB SSH doesn't work either (whether this would have been any help anyway)

I have also just heard the sound of a Push notification... it sounds like some sort of display problem...
  2. fashiongeek

fashiongeek New Member

Been there just return and get a new one no solution try to keep memory over twenty gd luck
  3. Alok

Alok New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
  4. sayma3

sayma3 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Hmm, I'm thinking it's not a software fault, it's hardware. But thanks for the useless input!

Please Register or Log in to view images