Help with videos needed

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by davevardy, Dec 30, 2008.

1. davevardy

davevardy New Member

Hi everyone,

I just got a 2nd generation Itouch for Christmas. Looks beautiful! I have many videos on .avi and wanted to watch them on the player. I used videora to convert them to mpeg4 files. I then added them to my library, but when I tried to move them to the ipod in itunes to sync them they showed a stop sign.

Please Register or Log in to view images

How can I get them onto my itouch?

Thanks in advance.
  2. Dragedorn

Dragedorn New Member

This isn't exactly helpful, but I came on here looking for an answer to the exact same question. I have a few movies and shows in mpeg-4, and they show up in my iTunes library, but when I go to sync, absolutely nothing happens and they don't make it to my touch (2g)
  3. SolarFlare

SolarFlare New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Make sure that they are set to the correct resolution: 480x320.
    Oh and it's called an iPod touch; iTouch sounds silly.

4. davevardy

davevardy New Member

Thanks - I'll try the resolution route.
  5. Germany

Germany Banned

By the way, what was the error message iTunes gave? That would probably help fix your error if you knew what the problem was. I used Videora too and my videos were fine. Make sure you have the correct resolution

6. davevardy

davevardy New Member

There was no error message, just I couldn't drag the videos to the ipod touch player in itunes from movies (a not possible sign appeared - a circle with a line between the two corners), nor were they on the player to be synced.
  7. coffeewithchess

coffeewithchess New Member

I encountered this exact same thing...the way around it is to MANUALLY transfer the files. It was pretty frustrating at first seeing my MP4 videos under my videos section in Itunes, doing the "Sync" and the music transferring but NONE of the videos. I don't know why, but it only worked when I did the manual transfer.
  8. Dare Boy

Dare Boy New Member

i did

I just got a free video converter its called "Any Video Converter" doesnt cost anything and it takes like 15 mins to convert. Try to google Any Video Converter into google and you might find the download i got it like a week ago i forget link to it. And all you do is drag and drop the video into the window and ENCode them to MPEG-4. =) hope it helps