help with unlocking ipod

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by asdfnjkl, May 24, 2009.

1. asdfnjkl

asdfnjkl New Member

so... i went to camp for a week and i changed the password before i left... now i forgot it. i've been trying to figure out my password for days now but then i found online that i can SSH into it (mine is jailbroken) and disable the passcode so i can access it without having to do a full restore, which would be a pain.

I was able to SSH into the ipod before but i didn't know i could actually do anything useful with it, but now for some reason the wifi won't turn on. it was earlier even when it was locked... is there a way i could get it to turn on again? i'm not really sure why it was on earlier and why it isn't anymore. any help/input is appreciated. thanks!
  2. NinjaBurrito

NinjaBurrito New Member

Maybe wait a couple minutes at the lock screen to see if it is on.

Ask or check if the wifi password has changed.

And is this another "I stole an ipod with lock code on it so i need to unlock code it now" thread?
  3. asdfnjkl

asdfnjkl New Member

thanks! i've tried waiting for a few seconds though, it didn't really work. and the wifi password is the same. all good points though =]

and, actually no it's not a thread about stealing haha.... i can plug it in to my itunes and get all the music and stuff from it since it's authorized, and i myself made it an option to ssh into this iPod. haha i understand why though, i've googled so many threads about people assuming that forgotten passcodes automatically entailed stolen ipods/iphones.

also... IF i stole it then i'd have no problem just putting it in dfu mode and then restoring.
  4. sumaes

sumaes New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    try to remember some numbers and then try all the combinations and work that way...

or start at 0000 and work your way up to 9999 one of em is right
  5. daconcerror

daconcerror Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    lol ^^ that would take hours cuz after like 10 failed attempts you have to wait 10 mins, or after 100 attempts you are locked out for like 5 hours