help with TvOut on 3.0

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by ipodtouch2guser, Aug 4, 2009.

1. ipodtouch2guser

ipodtouch2guser Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    ok so im running 3.0 on my ipod touch 2g and i have the 50 dollar apple tv av cable and screenslpitr works but its wayy to laggy so i tried tvOut from cydia but it loads the app on my tv but then i cant do anything from there but my friend has the same ipod and firmware as me but tvout works for him i dont get it...any suggestion and dont say restore cause i deff dont care that much about tvout haha
  2. chrisfnmac911

chrisfnmac911 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    hello, i'm having the same problem. i have the apple composite cable. i want to use orbs to stream live tv to my tv in my car, when i used screensplitr, it was unbearable to watch, real laggy and funky looking. when i tried the tvout , if i have the av cable plugged in before running , it will show the orbs screen then the menus on the tv, but it won't let me do anything because the screen on the iphone is mostly black except for showing the time and battery status. when i play a cable channel then plug the av cable in, the screen on the iphone shows half the screen and nothing shows up on the tv, is there anyway to get it to work right?
  3. JARMELBE

JARMELBE New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    NOT TV Out!! for Firmware 3.0 on Ipod Touch 2g

Please Register or Log in to view images

I'm in the same situation, my device show this message: " This accessory is not supported by this iPod"
    But I did'nt know why with the 2.xx firmware runs excellent!?.
    And also I'd tried everything and nothing.
    Please a solution asap!!!!!!

4. cheapfame

cheapfame New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    i'm struggling. should i remove tvout package reboot and reinstall then reboot again to add the patch ? i think somehow i corrupted the process? Also, i have tvout app in a catagory is that ok ? Also, should tvout be backgrounded for this or doesnt matter ? cheers !
  5. JARMELBE

JARMELBE New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Is not the same Version you are!

Yes but in 2.xx runs excellent, you dont have any problem, the thing is at the update to 3.0 , you loss the TVout function.