Help with transfering photos from ipod touch to pc

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Plus182, Feb 19, 2009.

1. Plus182

Plus182 New Member

I'm not sure if this is the right forum.. but i need help transferring my photos from my ipod touch to my pc. My computer was formatted the other day and i lost everything music, photos ect. luckily i still have my music and photos on my ipod touch.

I've already transfered all my songs using sharepod now i just need my photos. i just got Total Commander. i've already d.l. the tpot plugin and have access to my files on my ipod touch.

i'm not exactly sure which directory my photos would be located in? or if i can even access it.

What i would like to know is, is it possible to transfer my photos using Total Commander to my computer?
    If i can which directory would it be under?
    If i can is it possible to transfer them back to their original quality/resolution?
    i have a 1st gen 16gig ipod touch running on a jailbroken 2.2

i've searched here, youtube, and in google but i can't find anything pertaining to my situation exactly..

If Total Commander is not the right program is there another that possibly can?

i really would like to save my photos! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Total Commander will work, you need to poke around in your Media directory

/private/var/mobile/Media/DCIM/100APPLE
  3. fear_2670

fear_2670 Banned

I've never had to transfer photos before, but i can still help you out.

If there are few pictures you can simply email them to your self.

If there are many pictures, try using MediaWidget to transfer iPod media to the computer.
  4. Will_Barclay

Will_Barclay New Member

If you wish transfer photos from iPhone to computer or the other way round, I will recommend to give to CopyTrans Photo a try.

It's the only software I know that is able to do that. Let me know your feedbacks.
  5. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    i think if you select "manualy manage music and video" in iTunes, you can see your iPod as a drive when you go in "My computer" and then you can navigate in and see your pictures and copy them out.
  6. Plus182

Plus182 New Member

hmm i tried copy trans it actually works!
    unfortunately unless you purchase it, it leaves water marks when you move the photos over along and the quality is lowered.
    i poked around that photos directory.
    but when i go into it all has a "photo database"

does anyone know if thats what i need to copy over?
    sry i dont know much about this kind of stuff i just dont want to mess anything up lol :x