Help with touch sync

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by yrob, Feb 7, 2008.

1. yrob

yrob New Member

All,
    Read many articles on the forum but can not resolve the issue I have. I recently purchased a second hand touch from a friend - don't believe it's been jailbroken. After downloading the current version of Itunes I restored the device and set off sync.
    For some reason the sync runs fine and other times I get the message 'cannont be read or written to' followed by 'device can not be found'.
    I have tested the sync with the same 20 songs and as I say it sometimes is fine and others its not.
    I have tried various usb ports on my HP pavillion desktop, I have looked at USB drivers, I have tried to rest Ipod, I have ensured my HP is update with patches etc but I just can't seem to reolve the problem.
    One point I have noticed though is that I can not see my Ipod within explorer. When I connect it I get the hardware icon in the status bar tray but the device does not appear in the folder window - is this normal?
    Any help would be gretfully received?
  2. marko

marko New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    cant really help other than to try a different cable?

you shouldnt see it in explorer as the ipod cannot be used as a flash disk and wont show up as a drive in explorer