Help with Theming

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by iCrüsäder, May 13, 2009.

1. iCrüsäder

iCrüsäder New Member

I'm in the middle of making a theme, and I was wondering, how do you change the icons of apps that aren't in the pack that StaticFX's program gives you? Like, what are the names of Cydia, Winterboard, and how do I find the names of these app icons to replace them?
  2. Allekks

Allekks New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Well
    You could just make Cydia.png
    And Winterboard.png

Aka
    'WhateverTheNameThatAppearsOnTheSpringboard.png'
  3. The Crow

The Crow Banned

Well for each icon on the screen and maybe create others that you know most people use, you use a program like Photoshop/Gimp/Paint.Net and create each icon in the size that they are outlined in the Custom Theme Tutorials section(60x60). So your folder for your theme will be what ever you want to call it and inside that you will have a Icons Folder/the LockBackground image in .png/the Wallpaper in .png, then a Bundles Folder. Inside the Bundles Folder you will have 2 more folders, 1st (com.apple.springboard) 2nd (com.apple.TelephonyUI). So inside the (com.apple.TelephonyUI) you will have the Sliders, inside (com.apple.springboard) you will have the Battery. So in the Icons Folder, you will put what ever icons your creating and name them exactly what they are on your iPod ex.(Mail) but make sure what ever program your using (Photoshop/Gimp) your icons that you put in the Icons folder are in .png format.
  4. iCrüsäder

iCrüsäder New Member

Well... Thank you. I appreciate the help and effort but... yeah, I had that figured out. I just couldn't figure out what to name the files for other icons.
  5. Johnny Quest

Johnny Quest Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    well, if you want to totally replace the icons for the apps, you need to go to the applications folder when you ssh and take the icon.png out an replace it with the one you want with the same name, icon.png. And the ones you buy from app store the folders have a long name with numbers/letters you would have to go through each one to figure out what app it is and then again change the icon.png
    private/var/mobile/applications for the app store apps.

hope this helps