Help with the SIP client app "iTalk" from Cydia

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by itouch_9714, Jan 30, 2010.

1. itouch_9714

itouch_9714 New Member

Mar 23, 2009
    Ok, so I recently bought iTalk from Cydia. This is an SIP Client for the iPhone/iPod touch much like the App Store app "iSip".

Anyways so here's my problem. For some reason when the app is running, the sound (when it rings, and sound from calls) either all come from the earpiece, or the speaker. For example, sometimes the sound comes from the earpiece. That means if someone calls me, the ring sound comes from the earpiece. Same thing if I take a call(which is normal in this scenario). Now other times the sound comes from the speaker. That means if I get a call, the ringer sound and call sound all come through the speaker.

Now it's not supposed to be like this. Both the earpiece and the speaker should be enabled at all times. The earpiece should deliver the call sound, and the speaker should deliver the ring sound (and call sound depending on whether the speaker during calls is on or off). However that's obviously not the case in this situation. Although I have found a way to toggle the sound settings to either have the sound come through the earpiece or the speaker (when I turn speaker on during a phone call, the sound comes through the earpiece. And when I turn it off sound comes through the speaker), I'm still looking for a solution to my problem.

Is iTalk malfunctioning on my iPhone (3G S running 3.1.2), causing this issue? Or is it supposed to be this way? If it is malfunctioning, is there anything I can try to fix the issue?

Thank you!