Help with the microphone

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by alworldcrazy, Jun 10, 2009.

1. alworldcrazy

alworldcrazy New Member

Hey guys, I have a jailbroken Ipod Touch 2nd Gen, and I just brought a New Stereo Headset Hands-free Earphone with build-in Microphone for Apple iPhone - Compatible with Blackberry 8120/ 8130/ 8300/ 8320 , iPod Touch, iPod Classic, iPod Nano 3G 2G 1G, iPod Shuffle and MP3 MP4 - Bulk Packing from Amazon, it's actually made by AcessoryOne. I got it yesterday and I tried a few test calls on Skype, Fring, and TruPhone. The earphone works fine but the microphone won't work. Do I need a microphone adapter for it like the one from Griffin or something else? By the way, when I made the test calls, the earphone wont work neither, but on other apps like games and movies, the earphone works just fine.
  2. geekgrrl

geekgrrl Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    If it is for Apple iPhone, it ought to have a three-position switch (push switch button three times for three different results: switch OFF music, switch ON microphone and earbuds, switch OFF).

Maybe it is two-position.

I don't use my iPod Touch 2G for listening to music. I check to see if I have the switch at the right point of the push ON-OFF sequence, by trying a voice recording "web app" and then I make my internet phone call.

I really, really dislike this "feature".

<sigh>

I think this may be the problem.
  3. alworldcrazy

alworldcrazy New Member

Thanks for your help, but I tried to click the buttons on the microphone but it still didn't work, I will try to buy a headset from Apple for iPhone, see if it works.