Help with submitting app to Cydia(TheBigBoss)

Discussion in 'iOS Development' started by abotsch31, Jul 5, 2009.

1. abotsch31

abotsch31 Banned

Hey, I am ready to submit an app to cydia but when I went onto thebigboss.org and started to prepare it for submission, I had trouble doing a few things.
    1. Building on xcode with the 2.0 iphone os (btw i have the newest sdk)
    2. Using ldid(what is it and how do you get it)
    etc...

Here are the instructions he gives, does anyone know a more detailed step by step tutorial about this or can maybe enlighten me on how I would go about this?

From TheBigBoss.org.........................

1) Build your binary in xcode with iPhone OS 2.0 setting or build your app using iPhone GCC or toolchain. Xcode always defaults to building only for the latest firmware. This seems like Apple’s way to force everyone to always update. It’s silly. Unless you have a technical reason for it, build for iPhone OS 2.0 not 2.2, 2.1, 2.2.1 etc. If your app requires a specific version of the OS, you must state this clearly in the submission form or your submission will be delayed while I ask you to rebuild your app.

For code signing, you can just use “don’t code sign” in the “info” section of your project. Search for “code signing” to find where to set this. You will use ldid in a step further down instead. Note: this option seems to only exist for the 2.0 SDK or 2.0 SDK build option.

For SDK 3.0, disabling code sign is a bit trickier. It requires editing your /Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS3.0.sdk/SDKSettings.plist and making it look like this:

Pay special notice to CODE_SIGNING_REQURIED, CODE_SIGN_ENTITLEMENTS, and AD_HOC_CODE_SIGNING_ALLOWED. You must restart xcode to have changes take effect.

2) SSH your application bundle to /Applications folder on iPhone.

3) chmod 755 your app binary inside your app bundle. If your app name is Test.app and your binary is test, then you would use: chmod 755 /Applications/Test.app/test

4) ldid sign your binary. Using the test example: ldid -S /Applications/Test.app/test. You should run this as user root, not user mobile. If you don’t have ldid installed on your iPhone, ssh in as user root, apt-get install ldid, then you will have it. Note: if you are working in mobile terminal, make sure to su root first. Note #2: ldid requires a unique inode. If you are replacing your binary with another compiled version, you must delete the old one and copy the new one. If you simply overwrite it, ldid will either crash or not work.

Alternatively, you can ldid on OSX in xcode:

ldid for osx is here. You can do this on osx machine or add it as a build step in xcode:
    * Under targets, your project, right click and select Add, new build phase, New run script build phase.
    * Type in /usr/bin/ldid-osx -a armv6 -S FULLPATH_TO_YOUR_BINARY

5) Respring to show your app icon. You must respring using either my respring app or sbsettings respring function. These will rebuild the cache and your icon will show up. A simple “killall SpringBoard” will not do this.

6) Finally, make sure you leave all code signing authority out of your Info.plist. By default, this will not be present.

Thanks
    Abotsch31
  2. superrob

superrob Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Well ldid was a PAIN for me. It just wouldn't work for some reason. i did just use the other method where you sign the app using a certificate you just make up yourself in keychain access.
  3. abotsch31

abotsch31 Banned

So, how did you set the firmware to 2.0, because it is not giving me the option to in xcode. I don't know why.
  4. Steaps

Steaps New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Because you have the 3.0 SDK. You can no longer build new projects for 2.0.
  5. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Just email BigBoss the build and tell him that you couldn't figure out how to sign the app, etc. I mean, it looks bad, but no one has to know but you and him.

That's a flat out lie.

Please Register or Log in to view images