Help with special use for iTouch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Liquid HiFi, Oct 15, 2009.

1. Liquid HiFi

Liquid HiFi New Member

Oct 15, 2009

I am new to this forum and have a special need I thought I would consult the group with:

I am PERMANENTLY mounting a 1st gen iTouch in my car and wish to connect it to the audio and video system. The iTouch is going in the dash with one of the $50 griffin component video cables to send the audio and video signals out of it and enable me to hardwire to a concealed USB charger to charge it when the car is on. IT WILL BE MOUNTED ON ITS SIDE so that movies can be viewed in widescreen.

Problem: When the a/v cable is connected the screen will not show the movie. The wiring is behind the scenes and will NOT be accessible.

A friend suggested I jailbreak it and that would allow me to run a split screen ap.

I have never jailbroken any of the iPods and am looking for guidance. What is the best way to jailbreak using a mac computer?

Will the jailbreak by itself allow the split screen or do I need an app?

If so what is the app?

Will jailbreaking cause me to loose all the movies and music and apps on the iTouch?

Second Problem: (not a huge issue) When the iPod is sitting on it's side all the icons are faced wrong. If there is a way to rotate the icons so that they will be right side up when viewed that would be great.

THANK YOU for all of your help!!!!
  2. Appman

Appman Community Development Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    You should use blackra1n to jailbreak, it is a one click jailbreak. Down load splitscreen from Cydia. No, jailbreaking will not lose your data.
    As for the icons turning there used to be a tweak called Spinboard, you could try Googling it.