help with scph1001?

Discussion in 'Playstation 1 (PSX) Emulator (psx4iphone)' started by heroin, May 15, 2008.

1. heroin

heroin New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Ok when i try to start up a game i get a long message stating "not found; /var/mobile/media//roms/psx/scph1001.bin"
    so i found the bin file somewhere and i put the bin file in its destination as stated and still nothing so then i read around and tried the application folder of psx and still the same message..can someone help me out to get a game going>??
  2. scorpion 55

scorpion 55 Banned

first copy the scph1001 into psx4iphone and into the psx Roms folder
    if that doesn't work then try setting the permissions to 755
  3. FIX v1.0

FIX v1.0 New Member

Same problem here tried the 755 thing even the 777 an not only on the file but the folder to! Butt..... no go on the bios message.

Strange thing is that even so the message comes up the game still runs (slower frame rate i gues, cant tell nothing to compare it with).

How fast is Resident Evil suposte to run? With me it runs around 18 fps

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. sokolov1

sokolov1 New Member

I'm fairly sure it always does that when you try to run SCHP1001.BIN (make sure its all in capital letters) because the 1001 doesn't actualyl do anything when you load it because its not meant to. If you're using .z or any other files other than .bin files then your games WON'T work, this is why finding games to work on the ipod is such a chore, again i say only download games with .bin on the end of them or they won't work.

Btw the same message comes up for me if i try to run the shcp1001, and always comes up at the start when i boot .bin games but if you wait literally 2 seconds the game loads anyway, the best frame rate i've had is 50fps and barely any lagg dunno how though lol because i've not changed permissions or anything.

I suppose as an advantage its best to use your own schp1001 just google it, download it, don't touch it while its on your computer and upload it to SendSpace, once you've downloaded the bios just download it into var/mobile/media/ROMs/PSX and it should work.
  5. ZombieKiller

ZombieKiller Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Make sure that it scph1001.bin not SCPH1001.bin, and also that its in the folder with your roms and with your app folder.
  6. macfanboy

macfanboy New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    it didnt work for me