Help with school wifi

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by crimsondynamo329, Aug 21, 2008.

1. crimsondynamo329

crimsondynamo329 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hey,
    I know this has been posted before, but there was never a definitive answer, so I thought I would ask. My high school has wifi all over the building, and it has no password/code. There are a lot of laptops that connect with wifi, but I cannot connect with my iPod. I think it fails to get an IP address, and I believe this is caused by a MAC address filter. Basically, the iPoT shows that it is connected to the wifi, but does not connect to the internet. The IP address is something like 168.256.something.something which I believe is a regular sign of a device failing to obtain an IP address. From what I have learned, I think that my school may have a MAC address filter that blocks unwanted users. This is backed up by the fact that people who bring their own laptops have to ask something in the library before they can use the internet. Could someone help clear this up?

Thanks!
  2. tinyman392

tinyman392 Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    There is a way to get around the system and set your own IP Address. But you have to change some settings. All I'm telling you, I don't know if this works. But what you are trying to do IS ILLEGAL. If you get caught, I am not responsible for what happens to you. Good luck getting through.
  3. crimsondynamo329

crimsondynamo329 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I don't think that the IP address is the issue. I think it is the MAC address that is the problem. Any second opinions?
  4. Nish99

Nish99 New Member

Does the school's network show up under your available wifi? For me, my school's network didn't show up so i looked at it on one of the library's computers, and it was the abreviation of the school county. Btw no password. See if that helps.
  5. typoonblade

typoonblade Banned

so????????????????????????????? who gives a flying fcuk??

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. 101gfx

101gfx New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Its not illegal.
  7. Puredudes

Puredudes New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ok this is what you do you need to find out a mac address thats currently allowed. again im not responisbile with this just heard from another friend but you download TouchCmd from cydia i think or installer then add. ifconfig en0 ether 00:00:00:00:00:00 the en0 is a zero not a capital o i heard this works i don't know for sure. just passing info on.
  8. EvanXTC

EvanXTC Banned

Tampering with school property is.
  9. 101gfx

101gfx New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Was he planning to tamper with school property?
  10. crimsondynamo329

crimsondynamo329 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I didn't plan too...