Help with restoring, on 2 different devices

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Damian, Sep 3, 2010.

1. Damian

Damian New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    First iPod Touch

2nd Gen MC model 8gb

I have updated my ipod touch to 4.0 firmware, and i jailbroke it with jailbreakme.

After running cydia i didnt chose to make my life easier (I don't remember why.) But now i cant restore down to 3.1.2 again.

People keep saying stuff about shsh blobs, but I have no idea what those are.

I have changed my hosts file in c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc
    for the saurik server and whatever. Restarted itunes and computer, updated itunes and everything but still cant downgrade from 4.0 to 3.1.2

I previously had 3.1.2 on my ipod touch already.

I need help on restoring it, if i cant its fine but i dont like OS4 really...

Second iPod Touch 8gb

2nd Gen MC model (both are same model and gen)

Story behind this was that I was jailbreaking my friend ipod for him. I downgraded 3.1.3 to 3.1.2 for him a while back when it was easier. Now his ipod apparently died or something. I jailbroke it with blackra1n, so i tried booting it back up with blackra1n. It showed George's face on the booting screen then went black right away (after it showed message it successfully booted/jailbroke on computer). Now i cant start it up with blackra1n, or restore it with iTunes. I try to boot it up it goes to apple logo then shuts off. I finally got it to recovery mode, and i tried restoring, i get errors that i google and no one seems to have. The error i keep getting now is -1... i cant find out how to fix that. One time i got -1 and then a recovery log for itunes, i read the last line of it and it said it cant find the firmware for my device or something. I was trying to restore 3.1.2 firmware btw. I have just hit the regular restore button (without shift), but what happens was it starts to restore, restarts and shows apple sign then shuts off, and i get error -1 on itunes...

Please help, with either iPod.

Thanks