Help with restoring my iPod Touch 2G

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0' started by Mepsipax, Jun 15, 2009.

1. Mepsipax

Mepsipax New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I can't restore to 2.2.1 because whenever I restore I get the 1604 error all the time, I have tried many solutions but they have not worked, can anyone help please? :/

EDIT: I fixed it now, turns out I had to install iTunes 7 in place of iTunes 8.2
  2. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    We shouldn't be talking about the leaked 3.0 firmware for the iPod touch. This is a paid update, so therefore you must cough up $9.95 to be happy. I didn't make the rules, but you still have to follow them.
  3. Mepsipax

Mepsipax New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Can you help me with my restoring error then please? D:

Oh and howcomes everyone else is talking about the 3.0 firmware here then?
  4. Mootykinz

Mootykinz New Member

Are you stupid did you even read what he asked. He asked how to downgrade his iPod not how to pirate the new firmware. Update to 8.2 put your iPod in dfu mode shift restore 2.2.1. Afterwards if you plan on jailbreaking then uninstall iTunes go to oldversions or something and find iTunes 8.0 then install that and shift restore 2.2.1 again then you can jailbreak it. Do not skip any steps!
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    That guy is an idiot you can talk about it you just can't talk about ways to get it illegaly this forum is dedicated to the 3.0 firmware
  5. r3skyline

r3skyline Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    you dont have to go back to older itunes in order to rejailbreak...i went from 3.0GM to 2.2.1 on an 8.2.0.1 version of itunes and rejailbroke with redsn0w 0.3

only thing is you cannot have itunes running if you want to usb ssh into it otherwise you'll have to use wifi to ssh into the ipod.
  6. Mootykinz

Mootykinz New Member

The newer version of iTunes can interfere with the way your iPod communicates with your computer and makes ssh messed up unless you jailbreak with redsnow which is only for iPod touch 2g learn to read the front page moron. That's why he has to restore to 2.2.1 with iTunes 8.0 first. Here is the topic where dev team says don't update iTunes http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=192985 but he needs to update to downgrade then he needs to downgrade iTunes if he wants a sucessfull jailbreak.
  7. Cl8rs

Cl8rs Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    What you have to do is download the 2.2.1 firmware(http://www.felixbruns.de/iPod/firmware/)
    Then put your iPod into DFU Mode
    Go on iTunes and press Shift+Restore and select your firmware you downloaded.
  8. r3skyline

r3skyline Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Feel big over the internetz without foundation for your nonsense.

Funny cuz I've jailbroken just fine.
  9. Mootykinz

Mootykinz New Member

And also the dev team just gave us the go on updating

Please Register or Log in to view images

at the time I posted the dev team said not to update iTunes yet because it interferes with ssh. That is why I said downgrade to 8.0 then restore again
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    And you used redsnow. You know you are a real Jackass the dev team said that the newer iTunes could interfere with the jailbreak. (I actually read the blog) and I also said that redsnow was the exeption I am the one that's keeping track of what's going on stop being such a newfag. Learn to read.
  10. r3skyline

r3skyline Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Funny cuz that was the point of my post