Help with replacement digitizer ipod touch 2nd gen

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by CmlDexter, Oct 20, 2010.

1. CmlDexter

CmlDexter New Member

Jan 3, 2008
    Hi guys, just wanted some opinions before taking actions.

My 2nd gen digitizer broke so I decided to replace it myself. Bought this one off amazon:

installed, everything when smooth, when I placed the contact i heard a click and everything. Upon using, I've noticed lots of glitching, first some parts were unresponsive and then they responded no problem. After updating the firmware the problem seemed to go away, then they came back, after lots of using it was working smooth, I pressed really hard on the place where you connect the digitizer with the ipod like 3 hours before, but when I first installed it and before restoring I never saw results, so I don't think that's the case. For hours it was working fine until it decided to become unresponsive like never before, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't work. I don't know... as soon as I slide unlock, some areas decide to work and some other don't, then after turning off and back on, then the areas that did work are not working.

So, do you guys think is a defective digitizer? Or do you guys suggest to replace the connector. I also need help in choosing a tool to get the digitizer and the frame out, that stupid plastic tool is garbage, the only reason I was able to get the previous digitizer out was because it was broken, the tool really didn't help at all.

thanks in advance!