Help with Remote App!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by DeeJay Gallagher, Jul 30, 2008.

1. DeeJay Gallagher

DeeJay Gallagher New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Hi ITFF,

Well basically I have just downloded the Remote app from itunes and I have tried to use it but itunes does not recognise my remote!

I know that I have to be on the same network as my computer & thats where I think im going wrong!

Im have a Netgear DG834Gv3 Router & I am using my ipod's wifi with this...that works ok! I read theat for the remote app to work you have to be on the same network, so Im assuming that means the same ip address?

I went to my Router's Settings, and the ip on that is 192.168.0.1 as default, but on my ipod my ip is 192.168.0.3? I think that my router is giving me a different ip to use? And because the 2 ip's are different i think this is why itunes cannot find the remote??

Please Register or Log in to view images

Also I try to adjust my ipod's ip address to my computer's but then I think the two conflict with each other, and I can only use the connection on one (either the ipod OR Computer!)

Can anyone help me out here and try to get this to work?
    Sorry for the long post

Thanks
  2. tinyman392

tinyman392 Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    Go into iTunes preferences and look in the advanced tab. Check that Look for iPhone and iPod remotes is checked.

Run the remote app on the iPod and add a Library to the iPod. You will see a 4 number passcode

Look on yoru iTunes, you should see a separate area with iPod remote. click it and type in the 4 number passcode that is shown on your iPod.

Your app will then work.

Hope this helps
  3. DeeJay Gallagher

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Ok I already have 'Look for iPhone and iPod remotes' enabled. I run the app, add library, but thats all the far I can get! The remote does not appear in itunes!

My ip address is 192.168.0.1, but my ipod's wifi is 192.168.0.3?

I think this is why its not appearing in itunes!

4. bentwookie

bentwookie New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    That's not why its not working. They can't have the same IP address. That much is working fine.
  5. DeeJay Gallagher

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    ah ok, i think i may have figured it! I had to manually adjust my ESET firewall, and it all worked fine, but when I stopped the application & went to reconnect with it it just loads & loads for a long time & nothing happens!