help with redsn0w!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0 Jailbreak' started by nuttyprof123, Jul 25, 2009.

1. nuttyprof123

nuttyprof123 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hi there and thanks for reading.
    I had previously jailbroken my ipod touch (1st gen) on the 2.2 firmware, but decided that I should upgrade as many apps were not able to be updated unless I was on 3.0 firmware.

I keep getting stuck on the screen when it is waiting for reboot. My iPod screen just goes black aswell. I have read the other forum entries on this and I have tried everything suggested apart from changing computer, as this is the only computer in my house and neighbours are old people.
    I am not sure if it is related however when I download redsn0w (any version) it always appears as compressed ZIP folder and I cannot extract the contents due to the names already existing on other files. As far as I know the only files are the ones in the downloaded ZIP folder. Then I copy and paste the contents out of the ZIP folder instead but it removes the encription.
    Something else I feel that I should mention is that on videos on youtube people actually had specific icons for redsn0w. I can't tell exactly but it looks a bit like 3 books stacked up.

If anyone has a solution for my problem I would greatly appreciate it. I have gone through every guide I could find, and all the solutions don't solve anythig
  2. JonnySK

JonnySK Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Try putting your iPod Into DFU Mode then restore - Guide Here
    And as for redsn0w. If your not already, try extracting it with a program called WinRAR, or WinZIP.
  3. EN_4BZ

EN_4BZ New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    So you didn't unzip redsnow?

Cause you need to unzip it.

I would highly recommend this freeware. In my option it is the best compress/decompress software out there.

http://www.7-zip.org/

After you install it just right click on redsnow.zip and go to the 7zip drop down menu can click extract.