help with redsn0w!!!!someone

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0 Jailbreak' started by karec, Jun 30, 2009.

1. karec

karec New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    HI GUYS i need some help with redsn0w...

i did what i was supposed to do but i cant get the pineapple....everything is fine until there...

i use the redsn0w 7.1 and the 3.0 firmware for my ipod touch 2g i download it from here

http://www.h4x3d.com/ipod-touch-2g-j...w-to-tutorial/ -

i have windows xp 32 bits and i jailbroke the ipod firmware 2.2.1 and it works fine but when i try to it for the 3.0 firmware i just cant get the pineapple.... i use the youtube redsn0w step by step but the f***in pinneapple dont appear i the ipod reset after a while...

i hope i made myself clear and i hope someone wise help me hehehehehe or else i get back to jailbroke on 2.2.1 firmware...

thx

see ya

karec
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    i have a question maybe is this the problem...when i start to jailbreak my ipod touch i previous have to had the firmware 3.0 installed or the 2.2.1? i saw that i could install the firmware 3.0 by holding the shift when i restore it? or the redsn0w .exe dont need to have that?

sorry for the english...im not english hehehehehe
  2. iJizz

iJizz New Member

Redsn0w does jaibreak your iPod, but doesn't include changing the logo. If you want it a pineapple, try jailbreaking your 2.2.1 with QuickPwn. Also since it's already jailbroken, go to cydia and download an app called "LogoMe". There you can download custom boot logo's. Search it on youtube for an in depth detailed description tutorial.
  3. karec

karec New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    well thx but i didnt need that...maybe is my english....

the pinneapple appears in the end of the jailbreaking...i dont want a pinneapple logo....man thx but no thx next time read and then answer,your answer is hilarious...

but thx anyway...
  4. iHackiPodz

iHackiPodz New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    you need to have already upgraded to official 3.0 firmware in order to jailbreak - redsn0w is not an upgrading tool.
  5. karec

karec New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    thx i realized that by surfing this site in doing it right now, upgrading to 3.0 and then ill try the redsn0w thanks for the help!!!!lets see if it works
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    well the pinneapple finally is here hehehehehe thx all for the help the problem was i didnt upgrade to the 3.0 firmware previous....after that is running smood no problems

see ya

karec