Help with re-installing the drivers?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by loljack, Jul 6, 2010.

1. loljack

loljack New Member

My iPod touch won't come up in iTunes because the drivers are faulty/corrupted, etc. I follwed the directions to on this help thingy: http://support.apple.com/kb/ts1538 for if my iPod appears as a camera. I selected the right things, but in the end, it says "Access is denied". Any help?

Attached Files:

2. Shukketsu.Azuguad

Shukketsu.Azuguad Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Is your computer profile allowed to install hardware or anything? That might be one issue.
  3. loljack

loljack New Member

I don't know what you mean >_<, I am an administrator though. And I know for sure it's the drivers on this computer, because my iPod appears in my other one and works perfectly.
  4. Shukketsu.Azuguad

Shukketsu.Azuguad Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Well, the administrator is what I was hoping you weren't. That should allow you to "install" the correct drivers. Maybe uninstall Itunes, delete the stored drivers and start again? If you do try that then don't forget to backup your music. I doubt you would really need it, but I'm a paranoid person so everything gets backed up anyways

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. loljack

loljack New Member

What would the directory for the drivers be? Is it C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers ? That's the location where the apple site tells me to install it from.
  6. djspan

djspan New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    go to the control panel and search for apple inc and uninstall everything. Except safari and then download iTunes 9.2 and install again should work. When you say that they are corrupted, do you mean there is a DLL missing? Or they just wont even initialise.
  7. loljack

loljack New Member

I get to the end, I select the file, it does it but it says "Error- Accsess denied". (I know I need to spell access right)
  8. Bolt

Bolt New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    If you turn the AppleMobileDevice service off in msconfig the computer will not detect your iPod. Make sure not to turn it off.

If this isn't your problem then completely uninstall iTunes and reboot, then install it and reboot again.
  9. loljack

loljack New Member

I'm going to delete everything to do with apple.