help with pwning guide

Discussion in 'Pwnage and Winpwn Discussions' started by der_koarl, Jun 10, 2008.

1. der_koarl

der_koarl New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i dont understand the last part of the [how to] pwn your ipod guide!!!

what i dont understand is this part:
    HOW TO] Put iPhone/iPod Touch In Restore Mode:
    1. Hold Power and Home button till it shuts off
    2. Let go of both
    3. Hold both of them down again till it turns on, when it does (You see the apple) Let go of the power button but continue to hold down the home button till you get the Connect To iTunes screen

Pwnage Again
    1. When its done it should boot up normally with a New boot screen and you should see slide to unlock, if you get Other screen with another picture after you see the new boot screen, thats ok too.
    2. Now to create the Custom .ipsw, click IPSW Builder
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    no what do i do after this part:
    3. Hold both of them down again till it turns on, when it does (You see the apple) Let go of the power button but continue to hold down the home button till you get the Connect To iTunes screen

do i restore normally or what?
    because then it goes on:
    1. When its done it should boot up normally with a New boot screen and you should see slide to unlock, if you get Other screen with another picture after you see the new boot screen, thats ok too.

but when you restore normally there is no new boot screen!!!

can someone help me?

------------------------------------------------
    now i somehow ,emaged to pwn it, but i cannot press any button in insaller......
  2. andybno1

andybno1 Banned

to stick the ipod into restore mode easiest method would be to download ziphone and inside ziphone theres a button that kicks the ipod into recovery mode.

----------------------------------

right assuming you have ipwnred already

click on the build ipsw file select what you want from the packages bit and if you want a boot logo go ahead and go to the boot logo tab and select one from either your pc or from a bunch of online logos.

then go to itunes, with the ipod plugged in hold the shift key click restore and point itunes to were the custom ipsw file saved to then restore.
  3. der_koarl

der_koarl New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    lol...i know how to put ipod in restore mode...its about what this guide really means!!!

but the real problem now is that i cant press anything in installer!!!!