Help with Poof/Dock

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by chrisburke, Nov 5, 2008.

1. chrisburke

chrisburke New Member

Ok, so my plan waas to hid all apps except for the 4 that I want down in my dock (phone, sms, mail and iPod) and I was going to use Dock to access any apps I wanted to use.. all was going well.. they were all hid except Poof, and the 4 i put in my dock.. i hit home.. and its stuck on the spinny wheel... can I not hide Poof?? is there a way to fix this without restoring (again) or do I need to restore....

even while i was typing this message, the spinny wheel kept going.. then it shut down, and turned back on.. now i'm sitting with an apple logo.. for a long time...
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    this is where I've been stuck for the last 30 mins....

Please Register or Log in to view images

and every few minutes, it'll shut right off, then start up again, sit with the apple, then the wheel comes.. I can still SSH in, and I've read that you can fix it that way, but no one said what to do, other than "SSH" thats all well and good if you know what to do, but I have no idea what to do to fix it once i'm SSH'd in
  2. Atl

Atl New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Rather then dock, try quickgold. It's much easier for me to use. I basically did what you did.

You can poof away poof aswell. What I did was install Catergories and put all my apps in an Apps folder(did the same for my games) and then you can keep those two icons there and your most used icons or other important ones you need to access quickly. You can also just poof them aswell if you want.

I'm not sure about the spinny wheel though. Try to respring your iPod.
  3. chrisburke

chrisburke New Member

i dont mean to be rude, but that wasnt helpful at all... i wasnt looking for what app to use.. i already used Poof.. and now, i'm stuck at the reboot... there must be a way to fix this, because people talk about fixing it.. i just havent seen any talk on HOW to fix it, other than saying "SSH"... once i get it fixed, your advice will be noted, and put into action
  4. Atl

Atl New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Oh, when I started typing, I didn't see the edit you made.

I've never even seen anything like that. I know you don't want to, but I think you have to restore. It takes less then 30 minutes

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. chrisburke

chrisburke New Member

oh i know.. the restore actually takes less than 10 minutes.. its the getting it back to where it was before all of this that takes time :S
  6. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    check Big Boss's site - he's got some guides for resolving problems with Poof...