iPhone 3G Help with my iphone 3g

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bloot, Dec 15, 2008.

1. bloot

bloot New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    So, I'm trying to unlock my iphone 3G but I'm jailbreaking it first.. It's stuck in recovery mode but I want it in DFU mode so I can install a custom firmware. If I just restore back to 2.0 will I be able to start the whole process over again? Or will that mess it up to where I can't just winpwn it? And there is no way to unlock my iphone without a sim adapter? Like say if I were on a earlier firmware? I'm very familiar with the iPod touch.. But not so much the iPhone.
  2. Baggy Spandex

Baggy Spandex Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    im pretty sure the only way to unlock the 3g is to get the sim thing, but the jailbreak can happen anytime after a restore. you should use 2.2 cause its the newest, therefore you wont have to update later.
  3. kixphlat

kixphlat Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    If you didn't upgrade to fw 2.2, you're all good to go with the dev team's newest to be released soft unlocked method
  4. bloot

bloot New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yeah, that's why I was saying that I'm trying to jailbreak it first..
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    I'm just worried about that baseband problem or whatever.. Should I be worrying about that if I update?
  5. mattym

mattym New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yes, as stated in many other posts, you need to update using a hacked version of the 2.2 firmware. The firmware has to be hacked to include the origional baseband information.

No we will not post these file son this site, dont even ask for them. Google and youtube should provide all the link and info you need on were to get a modified firmware.
  6. bloot

bloot New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I'm not asking for the files.. I am restoring using 2.0 not 2.2.. so is there still a problem?
    1,2 2.02 5C1 is what I'm using.
  7. mattym

mattym New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Before the restore what was the newest firmware the phone was on?
  8. bloot

bloot New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch

I have a problem now..

My iPhone is in restore mode but it won't let me restore to either a customized or a regular firmware and I can't get it into DFU.. I didn't get it through contract so what do I do?
  9. mattym

mattym New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    What you may want to try, if its not allowing any restoring. Is update to 2.1. With 2.1 you should be able to keep the baseband and get your phone in working order again.

From there i would get a working version of 2.2 (with the baseband edited) and then update to that, so you will be all ready to get unlocked when the tools are released.
  10. bloot

bloot New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thank you so much.. It worked!