Help with mp4 video!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by romey2000, Sep 2, 2009.

1. romey2000

romey2000 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hi all,
    I am the proud owner of an Ipod Touch and was wondering what is the easiest way to load video on it. I understand that it only plays mp4 videos so I downloaded a few Seinfeld episodes and they do play but the quality is very poor and choppy...please pardon my ignorance but am I doing something wrong?
    Help

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. geekgrrl

geekgrrl Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    ... videos from iTunes? videos from a questionable source, like a cheap videocam in front of a tv?

I have good results with tv episodes.

I go to fan sites, pick out my favorites from the still pictures and the written descriptions and then purchase my favorite episodes in iTunes. iTunes even lets me back them up to DVD.

I have only reasonably good experience with TV episodes from the number of "jailbreak" apps. The "jaggedies" tend to indicate they had been recorded with a cheap videocam in front of the tv set. The choppy playback, if a download, tends to indicate a bad recording was hastily made, if streaming, a bad connection. I tend to think the bad recordings are recorded streaming video: another method of piracy.

I became convinced those problems are because the tv episodes, or movies, are pirated, or stolen private download links, either that or [PIRACY.mf] and [PIRACY.mu] are doing the piracy and encouraging bringing download and streaming to their website so they can generate more ad revenue, because their hit-counter records high traffic.

That is probably not the answer you were hoping to get.

The answer you may like is: there is nothing wrong with your iPod Touch.
  3. d3xterity

d3xterity Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    You can jailbreak your ipod and download vlc4iphone then just use WinSCP. Add mp4, mov, or 3gp files. Unless you aren't familiar with jailbreaking...PM me.
  4. antonelc

antonelc New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    The video is choppy because you downloaded low quality videos that have been compressed and converted many times most likely illegal on the internet.