Help with moving my itunes library

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by Dtm644, Jun 27, 2008.

1. Dtm644

Dtm644 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    How do I move my iTunes library from one pc to another. I dont want to buy the flash drives or cds. Is there another way I can do it.
  2. Chucky102

Chucky102 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    If you don't want to buy a flash drive or disc, one logical answer is for you to upload them to a site and then download the songs to your other PC. You can save about 100 songs in a .zip file and use something like [PIRACY.rs]/[PIRACY.mu]/etc and just download them again, but it's your choice, but I think having a flash drive/cd is better for keeping a backup just in case.
  3. Dtm644

Dtm644 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    How would i do that.
  4. Chucky102

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Do what? Like I said...put the music files into a .zip...you can use winrar for that and when you have them in a ".zip" file just go to one of those websites or one of your choice and upload them..it will take a while, but then you'll have a link and simply go to the other PC and download..but seriously, a cd is better.
  5. Dtm644

Dtm644 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    If i deleted my songs where should i look on my pc is there any way to get them back.
  6. Chucky102

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    No, and you don't need to delete your song to zip them in a file..if yo use winrar you can keep your original files and have a folder which is ready for you to upload. No there's no deleting involved.
  7. Clownassasin

Clownassasin New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    that or you can out them all on your ipod, and on the other pc you can download an ssh client and ssh into ur ipod and copy all of the songs
  8. Chucky102

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Don't you think it will take a long time? Downloading/Saving files from an iPod to the computer via SSH will take some time...But I think you and I agree that a cd/flash drive is better

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. Dtm644

Dtm644 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i already deleted them by accident
  10. Clownassasin

Clownassasin New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    yep, i bought a 4GB flashdrive when i got my new compuuter and just copied all of my songs onto there and put them on my computer, lol but i just suggested that because recently 2 weeks ago, i decided to give OS X 86 one last shot, and i ended F'ing up my bootloader and then i had to download vista all over again, so that was my only way of retrieving all of my songs back
    oh, what OS do you have?