Help with Memory problem please...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Brindleboy123, Oct 4, 2008.

1. Brindleboy123

Brindleboy123 New Member

I have a 32gb ipod touch. Love it, but today when I tried to sync with my library it said that I didn´t have enough memory. I only have 3100 songs and 2200 photos which has used up about 12 gb but I have 15 gb of "other". What is the "other". I have cleared all email´, don´t have any videos, podcasts or anything else! Help please...I´m not to good with technical bits so any help ratefully received.

One other thing, if you have to to restore settings do I lose all the music and photos already on there? Thanks
  2. bubs58

bubs58 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Other jailbroken stuff, or anything really, bookmarked videos, safari history, mail
    But getting 'other' up to 15 gigs is alooot so i dunno, if your willign to restore try and if its still like that call Apple
    EDIT: are you including videos? they take up alot
  3. fear_2670

fear_2670 Banned

Restore, nothing's gonna happen.
  4. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Actually, restoring erases all your media and applications, unless you create a backup.
  5. Skor

Skor New Member

My 3811 Songs take up about 21.5 GB, so a lot of your music must have been classified as other. A restore would be safe, try making a new backup before restoring by right clicking your ipod listed in your itunes sidebar and select create backup.
  6. cainy

cainy New Member

yea 3000 songs is around the 15/20gb mark, i have 4000 on my pc and it adds up 2 27gb, best just to restore, its the quickest solution anyway