HELP with Manual Installation

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Esviel, May 18, 2008.

1. Esviel

Esviel New Member

Okay, so I wanted to add the 5-icon deck through caterpillar, but it turns out that I need version 1.1, but what's available in installer is only version 1.2!!!

So I found a link to download 1.1 offline onto my laptop, and they said "manually install it through SSH".

HOW THE HELL DO YOU DO THIS???

I know how to use SSH, but....where do the files go??? I know that the folder "caterpillar.app" must go in the applications folder, but it's not that simple as to drag it from my computer to the ipod through SSH. So, here's a description of what I got from the download:

caterpillar 1.1.1.zip -->Caterpillar.app --> A bunch of files

i'm pretty sure that whole "caterpillar.app" folder goes into "applications" but when i do that, and respring and use the app, it shows up....then closes. someone told me to set the permissions to 755, but when i did that, it said that the permissions were worng.

the rest of the files:

support.zip --> Some more files

in addition to support.zip, there are other files that aren't in any folders:

CaterpillarData
    chmod
    chown
    libarmfp.dylib
    ln

So what goes where? where does the support.zip file go?
  2. soccerstud92

soccerstud92 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    catipillar.app goes in var application but im not sur if u can manually instal... i know there new version u hav to install through intaller or it wont work..not sur about old ones