help with mail

Discussion in 'iPhone Applications on iPod touch' started by iTyler, Oct 13, 2007.

1. iTyler

iTyler New Member

I just added the iphone mail app to my touch and when i go to set up my yahoo account, after i enter all the information it comes up with and error saying " the user name or password for "imap.apple.mail.yahoo.com" is incorrect."

I have tryed a few times what do i do.
  2. MikeB

MikeB New Member

Probe me too I think

I jailbroke last night. WooHoo. Not bad for a 41 yr old noob. Got lots o apps working well-including maps,notes,calendar edit mode,not forgetting to mention summerboard.MAIL icon is there too,but whenever i hit it i just get a blank screen with a settings button that does nada. What have i missed? What is MAIL supposed to do...sync with my email on mac? Or is it more for web basd email like hotmail or something?
    Thx for yer time.
  3. andyandy6464

andyandy6464 New Member

I'm having the same problem. It might be a fault over on Yahoo's end...I sent them an email. Let's see what they say.
  4. grr974

grr974 New Member

I believe the yahoo mail is enabled iPhone owners with AT&T.
  5. limbuster

limbuster New Member

yes, yahoo mail does't work for me as well

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. limbuster

limbuster New Member

It works like the email client on your mac

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. MikeB

MikeB New Member

help thread on this then?

Okay, cool. But since it's not working for me, I guess I must have missed a step somewhere. Also, if it's like my email client, then how do I go about doing the configuration, is there supposed to be a confirguration menu for mail from the iPod?

Has anybody seen a thread on helping with MAIL here or elsewhere? My searches didn't yield much.

Thanks.
  8. AlliPodHax

AlliPodHax New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    i dont think yahoo has free pop or imap for their accounts, so i think you cant use yahoo

Cheers,
    Ben.

P.S. I might be wrong.
  9. davefrank

davefrank New Member

Same here

I got the same error when trying on my touch. When I tried an iphone, it worked fine, although the "push" mail was slow as hell.

Yahoo imap service was free with the iphone, it must have been a service agreement so that yahoo would be the exclusive "push" service on the iphone, but thats lame because I use exchange imap which can be push enabled, but apple decided to cripple that function for non-yahoo users.
  10. iTyler

iTyler New Member

ok what im going to do is get a gmail account and link it with my yahoo account so i get my yahoo mail sent to my gmail account then ill just log into my newly created gmail account on my touch...