help with linksys wireless bridge

Discussion in 'Computing, Science, and Technology' started by Masterx1234, Dec 25, 2009.

1. Masterx1234

Masterx1234 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    ok so heres whats going on, i have dd-wrt installed on my linksys wrt54g thats connected to my pc in the other room and i have a 2wire gateway in the other room which is the main router that supplies the internet both wired and wireless, well i cant seem to get the linksys to bridge correctly with the 2wire router, everytime i troubleshoot on windows 7 it says either the dns server isnt responding or the connection is broken, and it will work after about an hour after the linksys is turned on, then maybe an hour later ill lose connection again to the internet, i have the linksys wrt54g set as a client bridge and i have everything configuired correctly on it.. can someone tell me why it wont stay connected???
  2. JackEdw

JackEdw New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    What encryption do you have on it? WEP ?
  3. Masterx1234

Masterx1234 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    i dont have it encrypted with a wep key, i disabled wireless security on both routers
  4. JackEdw

JackEdw New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Strange, what OS are you running on each machine and how old is the Router ?
  5. Masterx1234

Masterx1234 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    2wire gateway is model 2701HG and its the newest model from our isp
    linksys is a model wrt54g v8 and is two years old (works great with other routers besides the 2wire)