Help with jailbreaking my Ipod.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ryan3141, Jan 18, 2010.

1. ryan3141

ryan3141 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Ok, I have a 32gb, 3g, Ipod touch. I tried using "blackra1n" on it and it worked successfully until I got to the point where it says "iTunes has detected an Ipod in recovery mode. You must restore this iPod before it can be used with iTunes".

I don't know what to do from that point on. Help? Should I restore it? (And I have a mac computer)
  2. Jacob

Jacob Well-Known Member

The jailbreak is a tethered one which means you must connect the iPod to your computer every time you reboot. Just run blackra1n again and it will boot as normal, never restore it as there isn't anything wrong with it.
  3. ryan3141

ryan3141 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    yea but that's the problem. It's connected and says that message. The only thing IS to reboot it.
  4. dunuck

dunuck Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    dude research before making new threads, there are like hundreds of threads asking the same thing over and over again

your jailbreak is tethered google that, i means that everytime you reboot you have to connect your ipod to your computer and open up balckra1n and make it ra1n

is that so hard to understand?
  5. Jacob

Jacob Well-Known Member

Please read the stickies before jailbreaking. You can boot it by re-running blackra1n or restoring if you really want to.