Help with jailbreaking ipod touch 1g

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by bboysmash, Apr 1, 2009.

1. bboysmash

bboysmash New Member

So I tried jailbreaking my friends ipod touch 1g. After I was getting to the part in quickpwn where it tells me to turn it off my computer froze and now it wont turn on. I try to put it in DFU mode and it says Waiting for ipod then says
    An ipod has been detected, but it cannot be identified properly please disconect the ipod and try again. Error 2001.

I have disconnected it and tried again after. What should I try next?
  2. DNJ45

DNJ45 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I would try to jailbreak it on another computer.

Better yet, don't do anything because your friend is going to sue your ass if you mess up his iPod.
  3. joeyiscool

joeyiscool Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    just keep trying dfu and also try and restart the ipod by holding the home and sleep button.

something similar happened to me awhile back and then when i gave it a try the next day i got a free update to 2.0 lol i was so happy.
  4. bboysmash

bboysmash New Member

Thanks I tried it on another computer. I was wondering If I can jailbreak it with quickfreedom. ( I have used this computer for jailbreaking my 2g. Or should I just get the quickpwn
  5. iBiite iChu

iBiite iChu Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    quickFREEDOM is strictly for 2Gs. You will need the QuickPWN unless you know how to put it into DFU and have the custom firmware on that computer.