Help with jailbreaking 4.1

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by SuperBigDog, Oct 2, 2010.

1. SuperBigDog

SuperBigDog New Member

Im new to the forum, I joined up to see if I can get any solution to my problem.

I have an ipod touch 3G on FW 3.1.1. jailbroken with Blackra1n. I want to upgrade to iOS4.1 and want to jailbreak using Snowbreeze. It says I have to upgrade and jailbreak on 3.1.2 first before going to 4.1.

Ive been trying to restore my ipod to 3.1.2. original FW. It won't let me and it keeps giving 3194 error. I then went on to edit my hosts file and restore from recovery mode. Still no luck.

I then went on to download Tiny Umbrella with the hopes I saved my SHSH blobs and I was stupid enough not to. So I can't upgrade to 3.1.2 original FW anymore or downgrade to it?

Is there any other program I can use to upgrade to 3.1.2 then to 4.1 with snowbreeze? Would redsnow work? Or could I cook a custom FW with snowbreeze? What would happen if I went straight to 4.1 and tried it with snowbreeze? Would it brick my ipod?

Any help would be great, thanks everyone!
  2. JacobVengeance

JacobVengeance Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I wish there would be a standard form. That would include Computer OS and such....

The best advice to jailbreak your device is to wait for the next jailbreak or if you use a Mac you could use redsn0w, but assuming your running Windows since you asked about a windows only program I would say wait.
  3. tw23

tw23 Community Development Staff Member

i wuld wait till shatter or greenpoison (or whatever its gonna be calle!!!!!

Please Register or Log in to view images

)
  4. SuperBigDog

SuperBigDog New Member

Thanks everyone, I guess Ill wait till Greenpoison comes out!