Help with iTunes!

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by iTouch_PR_14, Jul 23, 2008.

1. iTouch_PR_14

iTouch_PR_14 New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    So I open iTunes and its okay. I scroll through it and its okay. But whenever I close it, it freezes. I try to minimize it or to do anything in iTunes and it just stays frozen. Then when I right-click iTunes on the bottom I select close and it says: "This Program is not responding" and it asks if I want to cancel or End Now. If I click cancel it just stays frozen. If I click End Now it returns me to the Desktop and the next time I open iTunes it just does the same. What can I do to fix this? Oh, and also, if I connect my iPod and I disconnect it, and then re-connect it (without closing iTunes) iTunes freezes again! How can I fix these two issues? Thanx in advance. Oh, and also, about 10 seconds after clicking End Now, a pop-up comes up asking me if I want to send an error report or not. Should I send it or not? I always click Don't send but, if I should, please let me know. And yeah thats all. So now (for real), Thanx in advance.
  2. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Try reinstalling iTunes. (And make sure you have the latest version, 7.7)

Sending the error report will just give Microsoft information on the problem you experienced, so that it can be worked on by developers, or so we are told. It shouldn't be YOUR responsibility to help Microsoft, or anyone in this case, but the report itself is harmless. My opinion aside, try doing what I told you and good luck with it.
  3. adl0816

adl0816 New Member

Make sure that you have the latest version of iTunes installed on your computer.
  4. mlbplayer456

mlbplayer456 Banned

that is just the most pointless post i have seen after hellrider ^^^ just said that

oh an welcome to iPodTouchFans

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. iTouch_PR_14

iTouch_PR_14 New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    I tried to re-install and it said I first had to un-install. I did so. Then my PC said I had to restart my PC. I did so. Then I re-installed iTunes and its still giving me the same problems!

Please Register or Log in to view images

Any other suggestions?
  6. slname

slname New Member

Device:
    iPod touch

Use an alternative to iTunes (ie Mediamonkey). iTunes are probably eating too much of your RAM.

For uses other than syncing (ie restoring etc) I have no solution, sorry.