HELP with iPod Touch

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by com.plex, Nov 5, 2008.

1. com.plex

com.plex New Member

So I'm new to this whole "jailbroken" iPod Touch thing. I bought my Touch about 2 months ago from NewEgg as a refurbished item. Got it and it all works and looks fine. Nothing wrong with it at all. After checking things out online I decided I was going to Jailbreak my Touch. So after having it Jailbroken I wanted to start downloading games/apps for it. Using Cydia/Installer to get the games. I was only able to get about 15 games from them. around 6 of them being emulators. Looking online I saw more games from different respitories so i added those repo's and tried downloading them (i.e. iDope) it says "Error Unable to decode pacage more info at ... " so I decided to manually install the game. After doing so it showed up as an icon on my home screen and i clicked it. the boot menu loaded up and it ended up closing out, taking me to my home screen. I've tried searching and was unable to find anything about this problem. I've had other problems like this with other programs and games. Any help would be appreciated.

Here's what the info I'm able to get from my Touch

Capacity 7.1 GB
    Available 6.8
    Version 2.1 (5F137)
    Model MA623LL

If you need any more info about my Touch let me know. I also plan on Jailbreaking my iPhone too here in the next hour or too. I just need to find a way to back up all my Contacts and Photo's before doing so. Any help on that would be appreciated too! lol...damn noobs!!! me...
  2. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Try setting permissions recursively on the applications .app folder to 755 or 777 - SSH in using WinSCP, right click on the folder and select properties. You should see a number there, change it to 755 or 777 and select the recursive option at the bottom. A problem with permissions is usually the problem. Let us know how you get on.
  3. com.plex

com.plex New Member

I tried that earlier, shortly after typing this post. Still no avail.

Please Register or Log in to view images

so I did a little more reading/googling. I found out that there isn't much apps/games ported to the 2.1 firmware from 1.1.4/1.1.5. So i'm currently in the process of downgrading from 2.1 to 2.0.2 then to 1.1.4, I'll let you all know how it works out in the end. and any tips would be appreciated.